We are here to serve you and all your rugging needs. All our rugs are professionally tanned and machine sewn.
48 COLORS TO
WE NOT ONLY HAVE A LARGE FELT SELECTION, BUT ALSO INCLUDE FREE EMBROIDERY ON BACK
Field Prep Bear for Rug
1) Roll bear onto its back. Start the incision just below the anus cutting towards the head. Staying centered, continue this cut up through the chest and up to the neck stopping about four inches from lower jaw.
2) Cutting the legs. Start at the bear's front paws and cut down to the elbow then straight across to the chest incision. Make sure each cut meets at the same place at the main incision. For the hind legs, start at the heel and cut down the center of the leg to about 2 inches above the anus.
3) Cut the feet off at the “wrists” leaving entire foot attached. Detailed fleshing will be done by our professional skinner.
4) Skin the bear to the back of the head, separate the carcass from the skull by cutting at the last vertebrae (axis joint) and twist off. (Note: Using a saw could cause damage to the skull which will affect the scoring process.) Skull will stay with the hide. This is your stopping point. Cool hide down first then roll bear up fur side out and freeze. Do not use salt when freezing. This will slow down freezing process and your bear could rot.
5) When returning home put in freezer. Then follow instructions on shipping page.